Champaign, IL – Degussa BioActives, the nutritional ingredient division of Degussa, has announced the launch of a website devoted to the scientific validation and advancement of phosphatidylserine (PS), and its venerable PS brand, Leci-PS®.
The site, www.leci-ps.com, mirrors its sister site, www.creapure.com, in presentation and ease of navigability, and represents the growing cache of sites focusing solely on branded materials for manufacture of dietary supplements and functional foods.
Specifically, www.leci-ps.com features:
• What is phosphatidylserine? Explanation of chemistry and biological functions such as PS’ ability to participate in the processes of cellular repair.
• Applications: A summary of how Leci-PS® can benefit core groups of consumers, such as mature people, children and young people, individuals with mental stress, and athletes/sports enthusiasts.
• FAQs: A detailed yet concise presentation of the 25 most frequently asked questions about phosphatidyl serine, phospholipids, and Leci-PS®, including chemistry, modes of action and use.
• Technical Data Sheets: These are available upon request, a simple form is provided to the user.
• Information Materials: PDF files are downloadable and include: Use of PS in sports nutrition, Leci-PS® and cognitive performance, and PUFAs and infantile development.
• Literature/Studies: A list of 66 scientific citations for further research into PS and Leci-PS®.
According to Jack Chenault, Director of Marketing and Sales, www.leci-ps.com, is the only website of its kind devoted exclusively to phosphatidylserine. “As the nutrition industry continues to expand with new research and new products, it becomes imperative to offer manufacturers, retailers and consumers a comprehensive and resourceful educational tool. Our websites provide content exclusivity with no distractions – we have designed www.leci-ps.com and www.creapure.com to be destination sites for the companion dietary supplement and functional food market sectors.”
Degussa BioActives specializes in a wide range of health-promoting ingredients for the food and dietary supplement industry. Technical information on Degussa BioActives' full line of ingredients can be found on the web site at www.degussa-bioactives.com.
Degussa is an entirely newly-formed, multinational corporation with sales of EUR12.9 billion and a workforce of some 53,400. In fiscal 2001, the corporation generated operating profits (EBITA) of more than EUR1 billion. Degussa's core strength lies in highly effective system solutions tailored to the requirements of its customers in over 100 countries throughout the world. Its activities are led by the vision "Everybody benefits from a Degussa product – every day and everywhere".