Eat Well Enjoy Life, maker of innovative “non chick pea” hummus, continues its rise to celebrity status by being featured on The TODAY Show, Monday, May 16, 2012. Lisa Lillien a.k.a. Hungry Girl chose Eat Well Enjoy Life’s (EWEL) Sweet and Spicy Black Bean hummus as part of her healthier low-fat, low-calorie summer BBQ foods roundup.
“This is the best store‐bought hummus I have ever tasted,” said Lillien, who also noted the hummus’ corn and pineapple topping and praised its 40 calories per serving.
In addition to the Sweet and Spicy Black Bean hummus, are EWEL’s seven other healthy gourmet hummus varieties (available in 10‐oz. packages), as follows:
• Spicy Yellow Lentil Hummus with Sunflower Seeds and Apricot
• Wasabi Edamame Hummus with Ginger & Black Sesame Topping
• Edamame Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper & Toasted Sesame
• Tuscan White Bean Hummus with Roasted Garlic Tapenade
• Tuscan White Bean Hummus with Roasted Pine Nuts & Herbs
• Red Lentil Chipotle Hummus with Poblano Pepper & Corn Topping
• Traditional Hummus with Harvest Grains & Apricots Topping
EWEL hummus is being enjoyed by a growing number of consumers across the United States. Unlike any other hummus on the market today, the distinctive and innovative brand is seeing rapid growth on store shelves and can now be found in leading national retailers including Harris Teeter, Albertson's, Kroger, Ralph's, QFC, ShopRite, Super Target, Frys, Smiths, King Soopers, Sunflower Markets, Sprouts, Gelsons, Shaw's, Demoulas, Schnucks, Dierbergs, Central Markets, King Kullen and Big Y.
“We are ecstatic that Hungry Girl is such a huge fan of our hummus,” said Bob Ferraro, Vice President of Sales. “Her recognition of our hummus as the best store‐bought hummus clearly shows we've raised the bar in hummus innovation yet again.”