Eurofins Scientific and GeneScan will present a series of one-day informational seminars at locations throughout North America focusing on food and feed labeling regulations in the EU and Asian markets. The seminar series will be free of charge and will take place in February and March of 2004.
North American companies exporting food and feed products into the European Union or Asian markets must satisfy complex and ever changing labeling regulations. Eurofins Scientific and GeneScan USA will present a series of one-day seminars throughout North America designed to provide companies exporting food and feed products with the information necessary to comply with the tough regulatory demands of each market. The seminar series will provide background information on recent regulatory “hot topics”, a review of analytical strategies, and an explanation of recent labeling regulations. Afternoon breakout sessions will focus specifically on the European and Asian regulatory perspective.
Specific topics to be addressed include:
• Existing and upcoming GMO regulations
• Allergen detection and regulations
• Detection and regulations covering residues such as pesticide, antibiotics, dioxin and acrylamide
• Identity Preservation and traceability
• A special session covering cGMPs will be presented only at the Anaheim, California seminar
One-day seminars have been scheduled for February and March at locations in Newark, NJ, Chicago, IL, Anaheim, CA, and Dallas, TX.