Milwaukee, WI â Chr. Hansen, Inc. announces the immediate appointment of David R. Carpenter as President and CEO for North America, following the resignation of Donald Combs from this position on January 4, 2005. Mr. Carpenter has been with Chr. Hansen since 1999 in various positions and has had much success as a strong leader.
Chr. Hansen has reached a number of milestones during the past few years, including:
- Facility expansions including the worldâs largest -55oC freezer for cultures, improvements in production facilities in Mexico, a new pharmaceutical manufacturing facility and a new dairy flavor pilot plant
- An increase of exports by 40 percent
- Awards including the governorâs proclamation for efforts to help âGrow Wisconsinââ â the statewide effort to expand Wisconsinâs economy, and the Supplier Excellence Award presented by the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA)
- Numerous product launches including SafeProâ¢ meat cultures that help fight Listeria; ColorFruitâ¢ natural red colors; Chr. Hansen Sugar Spheres NF; Fresco, Yo-Flexâ¢ and Yo-Fastâ¢ dairy cultures; and Probiosâ¢ TC for transition cows
- Alliances with Novozyme, Urex, Noveon Hilton Davis and Foremost Farms USA
"These accomplishments show our forward momentum," says Lars Frederiksen, Executive Vice President of Business Operations for Chr. Hansen worldwide, "and the future holds even greater potential for Chr. Hansen-North America."
According to Mr. Carpenter, "Chr. Hansen in North America will be focused on becoming more globally integrated, and building on the expertise, experience and systems of affiliates throughout the world. Customers will benefit from faster and more cost effective solutions."
Mr. Carpenter was initially responsible for the sales activities of the dairy business, then for the entire Bio Ingredients business, and most recently as Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for North America. He has spent his entire career in the food ingredients business, which included Vice President and Global Business Unit Manager at Degussa (formerly Sanofi Bio Industries), Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Continental Colloids, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Ramsey/SIAS Laboratories (now ATYS), and 10 years at Sensient (Universal Flavors). He holds a BS in Agriculture and an MBA.
Along with the change in the top management at Chr. Hansen-North America, the company also announces the promotion of Don Cox to Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Effective immediately, Mr. Cox is responsible for the overall direction of the sales and marketing organization in North America including activities in Canada and Mexico.
"We will put a greater focus on our key industry segments," explains Mr. Cox. "Our Sales and Marketing teams will work with the customer to pinpoint their unique needs and develop true solutions."
Mr. Cox has been with Chr. Hansen for 11 years, and has held several positions in sales management, marketing and supply chain. He recently completed his Masters in Business Administration from Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Operating from facilities in thirty countries worldwide, Chr. Hansen is a global biotechnology company that provides ingredients to the food, dairy, human health and nutrition, and animal health industries. Based on intensive research, Chr. Hansen works to improve the quality of food and health for people all over the world. The company is a primary supplier of cultures, probiotics, enzymes, colors, flavors, seasonings, sweeteners, and tablet coatings and excipients, which are applied in foods and beverages, pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements and agricultural products.
For more information, visit www.chr-hansen.com.