BOULDER, Colo. (February 18, 2010)— Tomorrow’s best selling products begin at SupplyExpo (www.supplyexpo.com), the trade show where natural product manufacturers connect to source new ingredients, services, and new technologies from leading suppliers . Functional Ingredients magazine editors are set to host a trends tour at SupplyExpo, March 12-14, 2010, produced as part of New Hope Natural Media’s Supply Network a division of Penton Media.
As reported in the January 2010 issue of Functional Ingredients magazine, by 2013, global sales for the functional and nutraceutical food, beverage, and supplements category are predicated to reach $21.8 billion (Freedonia Research group). Functional Ingredients editors will introduce the media and show attendees to some of today and tomorrows predicted best sellers by featuring a spectrum of companies exhibiting trends on the SupplyExpo show floor.
The four trend categories, featured companies, and bonus NutrAward tour include:
• Sweeteners (Daily) Stevia has captured the attention of food and beverage formulators and is rapidly gaining market share along with ingredients that help mask its naturally bitter taste. Featured companies include; Blue California, Cargill, ChromaDex, Corn Products, DSM, GTC, JK Sucralose, Pure Circle, Sweet Green Fields. Note all companies may not be featured daily.
• Sports Performance and Weight Management (Daily) Losing 30 pounds in 30 days is out, but products that promote muscle retention and muscle building over just weight loss such as protein with specialized ingredients may give dieters the overdue healthy diet and extended weight loss. Featured companies include; Bioenergy, Chemi Nutraceuticals, CNI, Fonterra, Gencor, Glanbia, Lonza, OmniActive Health Tech., PL Thomas, Roquette, AHD International. Note all companies may not be featured daily.
• Anti-Aging (Daily) The aging population will soon account for at least 30% of the world's inhabitants. This increase has created growth in joint health category, digestive health market, particularly probiotics, plus products for cognitive and heart health. Featured companies include; BioCell, Capsugel, DSM, Kyowa Hakko, National Enzyme, Azantis, Aker BioMarine, Gnosis, Denomega, Mitsubishi Food Ingredients, Improve USA, Polyphenolics, Naturex, Ocean Nutrition. Note all companies may not be featured daily.
• SuperFruits (Friday & Sunday only) Açai, yumberry, or even just a blueberry—the introduction of high antioxidant SuperFruit based beverages, foods, and nutricosmetics continues to rise. Featured companies include; Draco, NP Nutra, VitaFiber, Sabinsa, Northwest Naturals, and more. Note all companies may not be featured daily.
• NutrAward Finalists (Saturday only) A special prelude to the announcement of this year’s NutrAward winners, the Saturday tour will include five minutes with each finalist. Finished Ingredient finalists: Scientific Solutions, Sabinsa, Naturex, TSI Health Sciences; Best New Finished Product finalists: Ganeden, Europharma, Quality of Life. Find out more about the prestigious and the finalists at NutrAward at www.nutraward.com. Note all companies may be featured.
“The editors of Functional Ingredients magazine look forward to serving as ambassadors to the industry by introducing attendees to exhibitors we believe are on the cutting edge of research and the future of product development,” says Kimberly Lord Stewart, editorial director of Functional Ingredients magazine. The tours run daily from 10:00 – 11:00 am on the SupplyExpo show floor Friday, March 12– Sunday, March -14 and are open to SupplyExpo and Natural Products Expo attendees and exhibitors.
The show is open to a qualified professional audience of manufacturers, suppliers, buyers, press, and industry members and is NOT open to the general public. Registration for SupplyExpo is open at www.supplyexpo.com/register, the trends tour along all show education and events are included with your show badge at no additional charge. SupplyExpo is co-located with Natural Products Expo West and the Nutracon conference.
SupplyExpo (www.supplyexpo.com) trade show showcases new ingredients, technologies, applications and services for healthy/functional food and beverage, dietary supplement/bioactive, and nutraceutical markets.
Functional Ingredients (www.functionalingredientsmag.com) magazine is the premier resource for the global health and nutrition industry, dedicated to building community and delivering compelling strategic, innovative, and scientific information on functional ingredients.