Institut Rosell-Lallemand and Lallemand Health Ingredients, both part of Lallemand Inc. Human Health and Nutrition Division, will take part in the world’ largest event for health ingredients, Supply Side West, in Las Vegas, October 11-14th, 2011. Over the past few months, both entities have launched several innovative health solutions based on the Lallemand group development and manufacturing expertise in probiotics and yeast products and will be pleased to showcase these solutions in Vegas (booth # 10038).
Lallemand is also proud to announce that it will sponsor International Probiotics Association (IPA) Probiotic Update workshop, dedicated to discuss: “Insights And Perspectives From The Physician, Regulator And Market Analyst”, on Friday, October 14, 8:30-11:30am.
Condition-specific probiotic formulas from a pioneer
Institut Rosell-Lallemand focuses on formulating and documenting probiotic solutions aimed at specific health areas: gut health and well-being, immune support, stress and anxiety, women’s health… Some of its key clinically-supported solutions will be featured at Vitafoods Asia:
- Lafti® L10: the ‘feel-good’ bacteria that supports immune defenses and improves general well-being. Backed by several clinical studies and strong in vitro evidence of its immunomodulating ability, Lactobacillus LAFTI® L10 is a premium probiotic strain with first-class probiotic features, suitable for innovative dietary supplement formula in different areas such as immunity, gastro-intestinal health, sports and women health
- Probio’Stick®: this innovative stress-targeting probiotic formula is the first probiotic blend proven to alleviate both physiological and psychological symptoms of stress and anxiety. Its efficacy is supported by two randomised clinical studies. Probio’Stick® combines two well-documented probiotic bacteria strains, Lactobacillus Rosell-52 and Bifidobacterium Rosell-175, in a convenient stick format.
- Probiokid® Vita+: an innovative probiotic & vitamin association formulated to maintain the body’s natural defenses. ProbioKid®Vita+ combines Institut Rosell’s synbiotic formula clinically documented to reduce common infections in children, and two vitamins recognized for their immune potential: yeast-based vitamin D from LALMIN® VitaD and Vitamin C. ProbioKid® Vita+ is recommended to contribute to a healthy microflora balance, essential for the body's natural defenses.
New Comprehensive guide to design your own probiotic formulation
Institut Rosell-Lallemand will also present its new guide to help formulators build their own formulation, using the best of our scientific and technical know-how.
Innovative yeast-based health Ingredients
Lallemand Health Ingredients focuses on premium health ingredients for the nutraceutical and food industries, such as the LALMIN® range of yeast -based vitamins and minerals. The company will be pleased to present its newest health solutions:
- LALMIN® VitaD: a yeast-based, natural, non-synthetic and safe form of the ‘sunshine vitamin’, suitable for tabletting, softgels, capsules and food fortification. LALMIN® VitaD is dried inactivated whole cell yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) standardised to contain 8000 IU of vitamin D per gram (or 200 µg/gram).
- LALMIN®Se: a premium selenium yeast source, LALMIN® Se is inactivated whole cell yeast containing elevated levels of organically-bound selenium as L (+)-selenomethionine, a form readily available for the body. LALMIN® Se represents a natural, easy to dose, flexible and safe source of the antioxidant and essential mineral Selenium. LALMIN® Se can also address the growing market of nutricosmetics. Selenium has been proven to have anti-oxidant properties and it has recognized benefits on healthy hair and nails. Based on the official recognition by EFSA of beauty-related Health Claims for Selenium, it is now possible to offer selenium yeast to the nutricosmetics market, making LALMIN® Se an ideal candidate for beauty supplements with a natural image to capitalize on yeast benefits.
- LALMIN® Immune: an optimal combination of LALMIN® Se (source of highly bioavailable selenium), LALMIN® VitaD (“yeast-made” Vitamin D, a natural form of the sunshine vitamin), and Glucans 30 (activated yeast beta-glucans). LALMIN® Immune is a 100% yeast-based health ingredient formulated to protect the body, thanks to the complementary immune and antioxidative properties of its components, while retaining yeast natural nutritive qualities.
Lallemand Inc. is a privately held Canadian company specializing in the research, development, production, marketing and distribution of yeast and bacteria. Lallemand has over 2,300 employees located in more than 36 countries on all continents.
Institut Rosell has been part of the Lallemand Group since 1998. It is dedicated to the selection, development, production and marketing of probiotic formulations for the food and pharmaceutical industries. With extensive experience in the culturing and production of live microorganisms since 1932, Institut Rosell conducts advanced research programs aimed at better understanding the properties, functions and beneficial effects of these probiotic formulations on health. For more information, please visit www.institut-rosell-lallemand.com.
Lallemand Health Ingredients manages the sales and services of strategic health ingredients to the dietary food supplements and functional food markets worldwide. Its product portfolio consists of three ranges of ingredients: Herbals, which includes premium cranberry powder and extracts, Probiotics (including Rosell and LAFTI® strains) and Mineral & Vitamins enriched yeasts (the LALMIN® range).
LHI works in close contact with customers to develop and formulate supplements for a variety of health segments. This entails regulatory support, advice on choice of raw materials and positioning of products. LHI is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, where warehousing, sales and service are located. For more information, please visit www.lallemandhi.com.