The “Who’s Who” of the low-carb industry are providing their knowledge, names and support as members of the Editorial Advisory Board of LowCarb Living, the leading consumer magazine in the low-carb arena.
“We are proud to have six of the most knowledgeable and respected professionals associated with the low-carb industry join our Editorial Advisory Board,” said editor Catherine LaCroix. “Each has contributed to one or more of the first three issues. Their ongoing involvement will help ensure that LowCarb Living continues to provide up-to-date and accurate information on the most important issues facing the 35 million Americans following low-carb regimens.”
The members of LowCarb Living’s Editorial Advisory Board are:
- Mary Dan Eades, M.D. and Michael Eades, M.D. - Dr. Michael R. Eades and Dr. Mary Dan Eades have been recognized throughout the world for their pioneering efforts in the field of metabolic medicine. During the course of their 15-year-plus joint careers, the Eades have personally treated thousands of overweight and unhealthy patients. The success of their private practice led to their co-authoring the breakthrough bestseller Protein Power in 1995. Since then, the couple has published four other successful books, including The Protein Power Lifeplan and The 30-Day Low-Carb Diet Solution.
- Fred Pescatore, M.D. - A traditionally trained physician practicing nutritional medicine, Dr. Pescatore spent five years as associate medical director of the Atkins Center. His newest book, The Hamptons’ Diet, arrives in bookstores this month. Among his other books are Thin For Good and the number-one best-selling children’s low carb health book, Feed Your Kids Well. Dr. Pescatore is actively involved in clinical research and is the author of numerous papers and magazine articles. He is president of the AHCC Research Association and president-elect of the International and American Association of Clinical Nutritionists.
- Jonny Bowden, MA, CNS – A board certified nutrition specialist, Jonny Bowden is a nationally known weight loss coach and expert on low-carb dieting. He is the author of the best-selling Living the Low-Carb Life: Choosing the Diet That’s Right for You from Atkins to Zone (Sterling 2004).
- Linda Gassenheimer - Since writing her bestseller Low-Carb Meals in Minutes in 2000, Linda Gassenheimer has produced two more books: More Low-Carb Meals in Minutes (January, 2003) and Mix N’ Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes (March, 2003). Her cooking credentials include an advanced Cordon Bleu degree; training with a two-star chef in France for three years; cooking training with Simone Beck in the South of France and with Marcella Hazan at her cooking school in Bologna, Italy. She is the producer and host of the weekly segment, “Food News and Views,” on WLRN 91.3 FM National Public Radio for South Florida.
- Robert Capparell M.D. One of the country’s foremost experts in infectious disease, Dr. Capparell is an epidemiologist at Saint Joseph’s Hospital in Atlanta, GA. Because his specialty involves diseases with the potential to affect large numbers of people, Dr. Capparell has long been aware of the current American health crisis engendered by alarmingly high rates of obesity in both adults and children. He has taken a special interest in low-carb nutritional solutions to the problem. The brother of Low-Carb Living president/publisher Jim Capparell, Dr. Robert Capparell served as the magazine’s first medical advisor.
Since its launch in January 2004, LowCarb Living has increased its distribution dramatically as a result of unprecedented reader demand. It is currently up 241 per cent, with 290,000 copies of the May/June issue on newsstands May 10 coast-to-coast. Among new advertisers in this issue are Kellogg’s, Kraft, Bacardi and Geni-Soy.
LowCarb Living magazine is published in Berkeley, CA, by CappMedia, Inc. For marketing information, contact vice president/associate publisher Susan Ford at 510-528-2234 or visit www.LCLmag.com.