SECAUCUS, N.J.--Virgo Publishing announced that the May 4 FDA-Industry GMP Forum will be made available live by telephone and internet for those who want to participate but are unable to attend in person. The live "teleForum" is sponsored by NSF International and will run from 5pm to 7pm Eastern time on May 4.
"We already have well over 100 people registered to attend in person, and we think the demand for the live teleForum will be big as well," said Jon Benninger, director of business development at Virgo Publishing. "This is a great chance to hear FDA discuss the GMP proposal and answer questions from industry."
The FDA panel includes
* Karen Strauss, M.S., Consumer Safety Officer in the FDA Division of Standards and Labeling Regulations
* Richard Williams, Director of FDA's Division of Market Studies
* Steve Musser, Senior Chemist at the FDA's Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
The audio portion of the event will be available live through a toll-free phone number, while the FDA slide presentation will be available over the internet. The number of participants is limited, and a $49 registration fee is required. Registration will be closed April 30 or as soon as the capacity is filled.
Additional information and online registration is available at www.supplysideshow.com/fda or by calling (800) 454-5760.
Background materials related to the FDA forum include the following:
* The Proposed GMP Rule: http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98fr/03-5401.html
* FDA Press Release: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2003/NEW00876.html
* FDA Fact Sheet: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/dietarysupp/factsheet.html
* FDA Backgrounder: http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/dietarysupp/background.html
More information about SupplySide East 2003 is available at www.supplysideshow.com, or by calling Virgo Publishing at (480) 990-1101, ext. 1718.
SupplySide is produced by Phoenix, Ariz.-based Virgo Publishing Inc., publisher of Natural Products Industry INSIDER and HSR: Health Supplement Retailer.