BENEO is committed to offering natural solutions for functional product innovations. With this in mind, experts from the BENEO network will be speaking around the globe this Spring.
Here, BENEO announces its expert speaker event line-up for Spring 2011.
7th InnoBev Global Beverage Summit (March 29-31) in Washington D.C.
- Speaker: Dr. Antje Jungclaus, Nutrition Communication Manager BENEO-Institute
- Date: March 31st—11:55 EST
- Topic: Palatinose™—providing a natural solution for sustained energy:
-Introducing Palatinose™ and its main health benefits together with some of the most exciting examples of functional beverage applications of Palatinose™ and an outline of promising ideas for future applications
- A brief update on BENEO’s key areas of focus in terms of its commitment to the development of healthy, natural products
- Examples of current applications of Palatinose™ in the development of natural and healthy beverages (including references to finished products and brands)
BCCC 2011 Annual Conference (Biscuit Cake Chocolate Confectionery Sector Group) (April 6-7) in Oxfordshire, UK
- Speaker: Dr. Alexander Schoch, Manager Regulatory Affairs, BENEO-Institute
- Date: April 6 (16:10—GMT)
- Topic: Health Claims
- An overview and review of the current state of play regarding the NHCR (new health claims regulation)
- How the industry can fulfill requirements and succeed in the current environment
- An outlook of what the future may hold for the industry
UK Soft Drinks Industry Conference (April 12-13) in Leeds, UK
- Speaker: Anette Radowski, Global Account Manager, BENEO
- Date: April 13 (12:00—GMT)
- Topic: A new approach to energy management in beverages
- The nutritional benefits of Palatinose™, looking at balanced and prolonged energy in the form of glucose, an energy source for physical and mental performance, the balanced supply of glucose to support a healthy lifestyle
- An overview of the science behind the nutritional effects
- Its application in the mainstream as well as specific consumer groups, with market examples and discussion of how new products and ideas could be positioned in the market
Vitafoods (May 10-12) in Geneva, Switzerland:
- Speaker: Dr. Hélène Alexiou, Nutrition Communication Manager, BENEO-Institute
- Date: May 10, 2011—15:40 CET (GMT +1)
- Topic: Healthy human gut microflora—a refined concept
- Exploring gut microbiota as a recognized key role in human health and well being
- Defining a ‘healthy’ human gut microflora, despite the extraordinary complexity in its composition
- Outline of dietary interventions aiming to support a healthy and balanced microflora: focus on the prebiotic concept and its associated health benefits
Meet the experts:
Dr. Antje Jungclaus, Nutrition Communication Manager BENEO-Institute Dr. Antje Jungclaus is manager of nutrition communication at BENEO-Institute and her responsibilities include the communication of the nutritional benefits of BENEO’s functional carbohydrate ingredients worldwide.
Antje joined the company 2002 and holds a degree in nutrition and food sciences from the University of Kiel, Germany and a Ph.D. in Food Sciences from the University of Nottingham, UK. Antje is also a member of the German Nutrition Society (DGE).
Dr. Alexander Schoch, Manager Regulatory Affairs, BENEO-Institute Dr. Alexander Schoch has been manager of regulatory affairs at BENEO-Institute since 2002 and focuses on the global regulatory competence of BENEO ingredients. Key aspects of his role include: nutrition and health claims legislation, labeling, development of the Food Improvements Agents Package (FIAP) and approval of new food ingredients.
Alexander has a degree in food chemistry from the University Karlsruhe and a Ph.D. in Food Science and Technology from the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart. He is also active for BENEO in several trade and business associations.
Anette Radowski, Global Account Manager, BENEO Anette Radowski started her career with BENEO in 1995 in the technical services division as area technical manager for Europe and Asia/Pacific. She became part of the sales team 2009 as global account manager.
Dr. Hélène Alexiou, Nutrition Communication Manager, BENEO-Institute Dr. Hélène Alexiou, is manager of nutrition communication at BENEO-Institute. Hélène is qualified as a dietician, and she completed her background with MSc in Biomedical Sciences, Human Nutrition, obtained from the University Catholic of Louvain, in Belgium. She joined BENEO in 2006 to work as manager of nutrition communication for BENEO-Orafti. She is mainly responsible for the communication and worldwide diffusion of the scientific properties of prebiotic inulin-type fructans within the BENEO-Institute. BENEO is world leader in the production and sales of prebiotic food ingredients derived from chicory. Before joining BENEO, she has previously worked in the pharmaceutical industry, for PPD, an international contract research organization that specializes in clinical trial management, as project manager, in the management and implementation of Clinical Trials within a Central Laboratory.
The BENEO product portfolio consists of functional ingredients with nutritional and technical advantages, derived from chicory roots, beet sugar, rice and wheat. BENEO is the ideal partner to help improve the health (weight management, energy for mental & physical performance, digestive, bone and dental health), taste, texture and nutritional value (fat and sugar replacement/fiber enrichment) of a product. Through a unique chain of expertise, including the BENEO-Institute, BENEO actively supports (industry partners in) the development of more balanced and healthy food products. www.BENEO.com