The Natural Products Consulting Institute announces a comprehensive sales seminar for companies in the natural and specialty channels
To be held on December 14, 2004 at the Marriott in Burlington, MA. Only $599 with discounts for early registration and for additional people from the same company.
Titled: Becoming a More Effective Sales Manager in the Natural and Specialty Channel, this full day workshop covers:
1. Overview of the channel along with review of key distributors, retailers and brokers
2. Sales planning and budgeting with budget templates you can use in your business
3. Pricing and margins review
4. Trade promotion – strategy, optimization, evaluation
5. Trade spending management – managing one of your most largest and most important investments
6. Effective Sales Calls -- "How to prepare for an appointment"
- Preparing for a call on a buyer. i.e. visiting stores, looking at sections, understanding programs etc.
“What does a buyer look for in a new product presentation, category review, etc.
7. Working through distributors – selling into distributors, margins, programs
8. Working effectively with brokers – hiring, goal setting, reviews, compensation, broker handbooks, contracts, probation, termination
9. Using syndicated data – its role in new product presentations, category management, understanding your business, evaluating execution
10. Comprehensive Q&A – industry experts will answer your most complex questions in the context of your business.
Seminar to be led by Bob Burke and John Maggiore. Bob Burke is co-author of The Natural Products Field Manual, Staking Out Space on the Supermarket Shelf, and The Sales Manager’s Handbook. Bob is a consultant in the natural and specialty products industry and former VP of Sales and Corporate Development at Stonyfield Farm. John Maggiore is the former Category Manager of Natural Foods at Stop & Shop and will be speaking on selling to supermarkets and succeeding in the mainstream grocery channel
In addition, there will be presentations by experts in trade spending management, sales analysis, and what makes for effective sales manager from a leading broker.
For more information, please visit: www.NPCInstitute.com
Or click on the link for registration form.