BOULDER, Colo. (March 4, 2008) – Healthy products start with healthy ingredients. SupplyExpo (www.supplyexpo.com), showcasing ingredients, technology and innovation for healthy, natural and organic finished products, will take place March 13 – 16 in California’s Anaheim Convention Center. Co-located with Natural Products Expo West, the combined trade shows are expected to draw more than 47,000 attendees.
The ingredient supply chain for healthy, natural and organic products is big business. According to Nutrition Business Journal, the 2006 raw material ingredient supply chain generated $6.9 billion in sales. This, in turn, accounted for $85 billion in consumer finished product sales.
“Ingredient trends in the natural and organic product realm are changing at lightning speed and food manufacturers are seeking‘add-ins’ to fortify foods,” said Kimbirly Orr, show manager. “SupplyExpo is a key source for products, education and innovation in food technology for individuals involved in R&D, product management, purchasing and strategic leadership in this sector.”
In addition to more than 200 exhibitors, SupplyExpo offers free education and industry networking/entertainment events. Educational seminars focus on key business issues including global ingredient sourcing; regulatory and GMP compliance; sustainable packaging and new markets and trends.
The Global Supply Market Place (GSM) is hub of networking activity on the SupplyExpo trade show exhibit floor. GSM visitors can find the latest concepts and research, plus a lounge area for meetings.
Global Supply Market Place Highlights (Booth #470)
- Research Chefs Cooking Demonstration: Chef Mark Crowell walks the culinary high wire exploring fiber, essential fatty acids and low glycemic ingredients in restaurant style recipes. See, taste, discuss.
- NPIcenter Exchanges: Features emerging science and hot topics from academia, government and industry experts. Topics include: New Innovative Technology for Fortifying Foods as Vehicles for Omega 3 Fatty Acids; 40% Safflower Oil – A biotech Breakthrough; Newly Available Vitamin K2 Natural Vitamin K2 as Menaquinone-7 (MK-7) is the supplemental choice for Bone Health and especially for Heart Health.
- Scientific Poster Sessions: Examine and discuss these poster- format technical presentations with researchers or companies looking for industry-relevant applications of science and technical advancements.
- New Ingredient & Technology Showcases: Review the newest ingredients with potential applications, science and specifications.
- Cocktail hour: End your day on the show floor cocktails and nibbles.
Additional Show Floor Highlights include:
- Brad & Angelina 'Look Alikes' Appearance: Snap a photo with these international superstars (impersonators) as they make a celebrity appearance for Capsugel’s VCaps Plus.
- Celebrity Monkey: Stop by the Capsugel booth to experience the ‘Greatest Show on Earth.’ Shake hands with a true celebrity monkey and munch on some popcorn.
- Chuck “The Iceman” Lidell: Stop by the Veripak booth to see former UFC Champion Chuck Lidell launch his groundbreaking new supplement line – Iceman Rx.
- Contortionist: DSM will have a contortionist at their booth to promote their new ingredient for joint health, i-flex™ - a 100% natural and safe ingredient that improves flexibility and mobility.
- Guitar Hero Wii Contest: Get your five minutes of fame at the Roquette America booth. Participate in a Nintendo Wii Guitar Hero contest for a chance to win a $50 Best Buy Gift Card.
- One of the World’s Fastest Cars: Imagine zooming through the European mountainside or racing around the track in Veripak’s Duzoxin Lamborghini Murcielago. Here’s your chance to admire this bona fide race car up close.
- Pep Rally: The Capsugel booth will help keep spirits high with cheerleaders, beer and hotdogs.
- SupplyExpo Business Lounge: Exhibitors can enjoy a comfortable and private place to bring a customer for a cup of coffee of tea, or simply the opportunity to just relax for a few minutes. The SupplyExpo Business Lounge will be open to exhibitors and manufacturers, during regular show floor hours in SupplyExpo. Sponsored by Blue California Co.
- Sunday Morning Brunch: Fuel up for the last day of the show with a brunch in the Global Supply Market Place.
SupplyExpo, produced by New Hope Natural Media, is co-located with Natural Products Expo West. For more information, go to www.supplyexpo.com .
New Hope Natural Media (www.newhope.com ) a division of the Penton Media, Inc., is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services. Penton Media, Inc. is the largest independent business-to-business media company in the U.S., serving more than six million business professionals every month. The company’s market-leading brands are focused on 30 industries and include 113 trade magazines, 145 Web sites, 150 industry trade shows and conferences, and more than 500 information data products. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its coinvestors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.
# # #