Ingredients that Support Weight Loss Add New Dimension, New Potential
New in the energy bar category comes TrimFit® Nutritional Energy Bars, a great tasting healthy snack designed to support weight loss. TrimFit® bars are not only a high protein, low carbohydrate, low fat, low calorie snack, but are the only nutritional bars on the market which offer all three fat-burning ingredients: Advantra-Z™ (Citrus aurantium), Tonalin™ (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and Green Tea Extract, plus 23 vitamins and minerals. Distributed by Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) Ltd. (BICL), makers of the high quality and diversified Quest brand including the #2 ranked dietary supplement TrimFit®, the new TrimFit® bars are ideally suited for individuals looking for a healthy snack that complements their diet. The addition of fat-burning ingredients "raises the bar" on the bar category, to meet and exceed consumer demand.
TrimFit® Bars: Fuel for Energy, Weight Loss
TrimFit® bars follow the ideal 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein and 30% fat nutrient profile, the necessary nutrient profile to ensure balanced blood sugar levels after ingestion. "TrimFit® bars offer individuals a healthy snack that is low in carbohydrates and fat, and high in protein, and contains all three thermogenic (fat burning) activators that facilitate the rate at which your body burns calories (thermogensis). TrimFit® bars are designed to help those that are trying to lose weight achieve their goals," says Matthew James, BICL Brand and New Product Development Manager.
More about TrimFit® Bar's Unique Thermogenic Ingredients:
- • Advantra-Z™ (Citrus aurantium): This is the immature dried fruit of the bitter orange. It contains five adrenergic compounds that increase the metabolic rate but do not affect heart rate or blood pressure.
- • Tonalin™ (Conjugated Linoleic Acid): Research indicates that CLA works by inhibiting the body's ability to store fat and promoting the use of stored fat for energy. The result is a decrease in body fat and a proportional increase in lean muscle mass.
- • Green Tea Extract: Obtained from the herb camellia sinensis. A potent antioxidant, containing caffeine and a high amount of catechin polyphenols, compounds that may work with other chemicals to increase levels of fat oxidation and fat burning. Green tea extract combined with Advantra-Z™ can increase metabolic rate, without affecting heart rate or blood pressure.
Sales for Nutritional Bars Skyrocket in 2001
"The fact that a number of retailers are now devoting a minimum of four feet of shelf space to the category—and some of the larger health food retailers are devoting as much as 12 to 16 feet of space—is a clear indication of just how important the nutritional bar market is," says Jamie Malpass, BICL Director of Sales. In fact, ACNielsen reports that in the past year, sales for energy bars grew 63% for grocery stores; 76% for drug stores; and 91% for general and bulk merchandisers. Sales estimates for the total bar category surpass $38,926,000 with the market segmented into Meal Replacement bars at $12,854,000 and Energy Bars at $26,072,000.
- • 67% of the bars sold are from the Energy Bar category
- • The largest sales channel for both segments is 'Grocery' with 40% of the sales
- • The TrimFit® brand is currently ranked #2 in the weight loss aid category
Catching the Public Eye for a Category First
TrimFit® bars will benefit from the existing TrimFit® brand nutritional supplements, which are currently ranked #2 in the weight loss aids category. There has been extensive marketing done to promote the unique ingredients in the TrimFit®, which are found in the bars. TrimFit® bars have attractive packaging, an extension of the TrimFit® brand that is eye-catching at shelf level. The packaging and labeling adhere to Canadian regulations and the bar launch is supported with national consumer advertising plan for Canadian magazines and newspapers.
TrimFit® Nutritional Energy Bars are:
- • 40% carbohydrates, 30% protein 30% fat
- • The first bar to offer all three fat-burning ingredients: Advantra-Z™ (Citrus aurantium), Tonalin™ (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and Green Tea Extract, plus 23 vitamins and minerals
- • Less than 200 calories per bar
- • Available in either Chocolate Crisp or Yogurt Peanut
- • Available in cases of 12
- • The perfect snack to complement any weight loss program,
Nancy Baines, BICL Vice President and General Manager has high hopes for this new bar saying, "With the strong brand recognition of TrimFit®, in the weight loss category, and the incredible growth of the bar category, our TrimFit® Nutritional Energy Bars should prove to be a very successful launch for our company." TrimFit® Nutritional Energy Bars will make their mark on the bar category in 2002 as they are unlike any other bar: the perfect combination of the ideal nutrient profile with vitamins and minerals and unique ingredients proven to support weight loss, all in one great tasting and healthy snack.
visit the website at: www.questvitamins.com