Office of Dietary Supplements
National Institutes of Health
Analytical Methods and Reference Materials Program Stakeholders’ Meeting
Monday, September 10, 2007, 9:00 a.m.
Lister Hill Auditorium
NIH Campus in Bethesda, Maryland
Open to the Public
In FY 2002, Congress addressed the need for support of analytical methods and reference materials development related to dietary supplements. Senate appropriation language for that year called for: “ODS to allocate sufficient funds to speed up an ongoing collaborative effort to develop and disseminate validated analytical methods and reference materials for the most commonly used botanicals and other dietary supplements.” In response, ODS established the Analytical Methods and Reference Materials Program (AMRM).
The purpose of this ODS-sponsored meeting is to present the progress that has been made by the AMRM since its inception five years ago (see Background) and to receive comments on the future directions for the next five years. The meeting is intended as a forum for stakeholder comments that will assist ODS with the continued implementation of an overall strategy for research, development, validation, and dissemination of analytical methods and standard reference materials for dietary supplement ingredients.
· Meeting Coordinator: Ms. Channet Williams of the American Institutes of Research
· To register please forward your name and complete mailing addresses including phone number via email to [email protected].
· If you don’t have access to email please call Ms. Williams at 301-592-2130.
If you wish to make an oral presentation during the meeting, you must indicate this when you register and submit the following information:
· A brief written statement of the general nature of the statement that you wish to present,
· The names and addresses of the person(s) who will give the presentation, and
· The approximate length of time that you are requesting for your presentation.
Depending on the number of people who register to make presentations, we may have to limit the time allotted for each presentation.
Please visit the ODS Web site for more information: www.ods.od.nih.gov.