Novus International, parent company of Stratum Nutrition, will host more than 500 people from more than 30 countries this week at its Global Headquarters facility in Missouri Research Park for the celebration of its 20th Anniversary.
Customers, partners and friends of Novus will join together to enjoy a Celebration Ceremony featuring leaders from government and the agriculture industry.
Confirmed to Speak at the Novus 20th Anniversary Ceremony:
- Honorable Jeremiah "Jay" Nixon, Governor of the State of Missouri
- Susuma Katagiri, Mitsui and Company, Ltd. (representing Novus’ Board
- Thad Simons, President and CEO, Novus International
- Dr. Joe Privott, President of Privotts, LLC and Former President of
- Dr. Jon Hagler, Director of Agriculture State of Missouri
- Roberto Kaefer, President, Globoaves
- Thanomvong Taephaisithphongse, Executive Vice President, Betagro Group
- Dr. William H. Danforth, Danforth Plant Science Center
- Dr. Marcos Fava Neves, Professor University Sao Paulo, Brazil &
Author, The Future of Food Business
"'Innovation with Integrity' has been a central attribute of Novus' culture from the beginning, and our heritage has been built on developing innovative, science-based health through nutrition products for livestock, pets and people," said Thad Simons, President and Chief Executive Officer of Novus. "We are very proud of our global network of employees, customers and partnerships and are excited to celebrate with the many people who support our continued growth and success."
Novus 20th Anniversary Celebrations were initiated earlier this year, with back-to-back events at the Asian-Pacific Aquaculture in Kochi, India, and the International Poultry Expo in Atlanta, Georgia. The intention of these celebrations is to demonstrate appreciation for the customers and partners who have supported Novus through the years and still do today. Novus will continue to host appreciation celebrations for customers and partners at its facilities throughout the world, including China, Belgium, Brazil, Spain, Thailand and Australia.
Novus was founded in 1991, and today, has employees working in more than 100 countries, serving more than 3,000 customers worldwide. Novus has facilities including corporate offices, research and development laboratories, and manufacturing operations in more than 50 countries.
About Novus International, Inc.
Novus International, Inc. was founded in 1991, but its scientific roots and history originated more than 50 years ago. In the 1950s, St. Louis, Missouri-based Monsanto Company began conducting livestock and poultry feed metabolism studies. In 1959, one of its products received FDA approval as an animal feed additive, which helped launch the Monsanto division that would become Novus.
In 1991, in an effort to focus on its core businesses—seed, herbicide and biotechnology—Monsanto sold its Feed Ingredients division to Mitsui & Co. Ltd. and Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. The new owners saw Novus's strategic potential for growth.
In its first year, Novus put into place the corporate Vision of "helping to feed the world affordable, wholesome food." At the time, the Vision statement was considered a bold goal and some questioned how Novus could realistically make a contribution. It was a small, business-to-business company with two products for the poultry industry, but the company’s leaders understood that Novus's core knowledge of health and nutrition related to poultry could be beneficial to other species.
Working from a strong base of scientific understanding, Novus has brought to market more than 100 new products over the past decade. Today the Novus product portfolio provides a holistic approach to Health through Nutrition for poultry, cattle, pigs, pets, farm-raised fish, horses and people.
Novus's Vision - To help feed the world affordable, wholesome food and achieve a higher quality of life.
- Novus has a clearly defined Vision. Feeding the world over the next four decades will require producing more food than in the previous 4,000 years. Satisfying this increasing demand without straining, depleting or polluting the earth's natural resources will continue to be a complex challenge. It will require innovative solutions in nutrition, combined with a solid commitment to global sustainability.
Novus's Mission - Make a clear difference in sustainably meeting the growing global need for nutrition and health.
- Novus's core expertise and experience in health and nutritional research empower Novus to move toward its Mission. Together, its Vision and Mission form the solid bedrock that supports Health through Nutrition.
Core Values - Novus's Core Values bring its Vision and Mission to life. The Core Values define, in practical terms, how its 600-plus employees conduct business with each other, with customers and with other stakeholders. They guide all business strategies, plans and objectives, and shape the company's culture, which begins at the individual level and carries through to the marketplace.
- Novus seeks excellence from every employee, and encourages, expects and supports alignment, diversity, individual growth, initiative and teamwork.
- It strives to provide products with demonstrable value, and its research focuses on leading-edge concepts. It is committed to supplying preferred products and services.
- It is critical Novus maximize long-term customer satisfaction.
Whether related to products, services or innovation, Novus must always anticipate its customers' needs and exceed their expectations.
- Novus protects its employees, the public and the environment.
Specifically, it makes health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in everything it does.
- Novus acts with integrity, and treats all stakeholders—including employees, customers, suppliers, business partners, owners and the public—in a fair and ethical manner.
About Novus International
Novus International, Inc. is headquartered in metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A. and serves customers in more than 90 countries around the world. An industry leader in animal nutrition and health, Novus's products include ALIMET(R) and MHA(R) feed supplements, ACTIVATE(R) nutritional feed acid, ACIDOMIX(R) preservative premixture, ADVENT(R) coccidiosis control, MINTREX(R) organic trace minerals, SANTOQUIN(R) feed preservative, MERA(TM)MET aquaculture feed additive, AGRADO(R) feed ingredient and many other specialty ingredients. For more information visit http://www.novusint.com/.
About Stratum Nutrition
Stratum Nutrition, a Novus International Business, is empowering product innovation through functional and specialty ingredients for manufacturers and marketers of foods, beverages and supplementation. Stratum leverages the Novus core competencies in nutritional research and innovation as well as the corporate commitment to protecting the environment by considering economic, environmental and social factors to ensure that its ingredients offer safe, efficient and sustainable health solutions. Stratum offers a portfolio of branded, value-added ingredients that are progressive, safe and reliable. These ingredients are based on consumer need, supported by science and the backing of a trusted multinational company. To learn more about Stratum Nutrition, please visit http://www.stratumnutrition.com/.