Nutrition Business Journal views the U.S. healthy kids’ market as one of the hottest, most recession-resilient product opportunities for 2009, and we will host a Web seminar from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. MDT on Thursday, May 28, 2009, for companies operating in, attempting to move in to or simply evaluating the children’s nutrition market.
During this Web seminar, NBJ Publisher & Editorial Director Patrick Rea and NBJ Editor Carlotta Mast will provide a detailed overview of 2008 children’s product sales within the following categories: natural foods and beverages, organic foods and beverages, functional foods and beverages, dietary supplements, and natural & organic personal care and household products. Joining the NBJ team for Healthy Kids’ Market Web seminar will be three industry experts:
• Lara Burns, principal of Nutrition Capital Network, who will discuss healthy kids’ product trends and finance and investment options for healthy kids’ product companies
• Laryn Callaway, ND, a naturopathic physician and founder and CEO of Organic Bistro Whole Life Meals, who will discuss children’s nutrition needs and the opportunities they create for healthy kids’ products
• Maria Bailey, author of Marketing to Moms: Getting Your Share of the Trillion Dollar Market and host of Mom Talk Radio, who will provide advice on how to cost effectively target and communicate to the one demographic group that is most influential when it comes to marketing kids’ products: moms
In addition, NBJ’s 2009 Healthy Kids’ Market Web Seminar will cover:
• Today’s most promising healthy kids’ product trends and future opportunities
• Actionable and strategic information for companies working to break into, evaluating or already operating in the children’s nutrition market
• An analysis of the U.S. children’s supplement market from a product development and marketing standpoint and a discussion of the factors affecting kids’ supplement sales and usage
• An analysis of the natural & organic personal care market for babies, children and teens that will include product and marketing trends across a variety of product categories, such as eco-friendly diapers, skincare, hair care and oral care
Although numerous new healthy and better-for-you products formulated for or marketed to children have debuted over the last year in the United States, NBJ research found that plenty of opportunity remains in this dynamic and recession-resilient category. “A convergence of forces—the Obama administration’s focus on children’s nutrition, the childhood obesity epidemic, parents’ growing concern over food quality and safety, and even the troubled economy—is creating a ‘sweet spot’ in the kids’ market for the U.S. nutrition industry,” said NBJ Editor Carlotta Mast.
Nutrition Business Journal is an executive newsletter for decision-makers in the natural, nutrition and complementary and alternative health industries. NBJ's exclusive research and editorial focus on the strategic issues of the nutrition industry has made it a leading business intelligence resource for subscribers since 1996. To purchase detailed market research reports, subscribe to the NBJ, or sign up for the NBJ's free weekly e-newsletter, please visit www.nutritionbusinessjournal.com. NBJ also hosts the NBJ Summit, an invitation-only retreat for C-level executives in the nutrition industry each July. For more information, visit www.nbjsummit.com.
New Hope Natural Media (www.newhope.com), a division of the Penton Media, Inc., is the leading media resource and information provider for the natural, organic and healthy products industry with print, in-person/event, and e-business products and services. Penton Media, Inc. is the largest independent business-to-business media company in the U.S., serving more than six million business professionals every month. The company’s market-leading brands are focused on 30 industries and include 113 trade magazines, 145 Web sites, 150 industry trade shows and conferences, and more than 500 information data products. Headquartered in New York City, the privately held company is owned by MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP, and its coinvestors. For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.