The Organic Center, a leading research institute focused on the science of organic food and farming, announced the launch of a new website: Generations of Organic (www.generationsoforganic.org). The site is designed to be an engaging online resource for people seeking easy-to-understand information about the fact-based benefits of organic food and farming.
The information on the website remains grounded in the credible, evidence-based science for which The Organic Center (TOC) is known. Highlights include:
- All About Organic is the perfect starting place for simple, straightforward facts about organic. Included are features such as “Organic versus Natural” and “The Facts about GMOs.”
- In the Kitchen features recipes from Sara Snow, green-lifestyle expert and author, and from TOC’s staff. A section on shopping tips includes an article entitled: “10 money-saving tips when buying organic.”
- Heath and Nutrition contains essential information about food nutrients, pesticides and a selection of TOC’s 2-page science summaries based on in-depth science reports. The full reports can be found at www.organic-center.org.
- Organic Stories highlights leaders in the organic movement, displays photos from organic farms and farmers and eventually will include a timeline displaying the history of organic in the United States.
- News Exchange will help consumers keep abreast of the latest topics of interest in the organic community.
“With the launch of www.generationsoforganic.org—a 'sister' site to The Organic Center’s primary site—we will engage with people at all points on the learning curve regarding the many advantages of organic food and farming, and educate them on how organics contribute to a healthy lifestyle,” said Joan Boykin, Executive Director.
TOC has teamed up with Juice Beauty, a leading manufacturer of organic beauty products, for a special offer. Juice Beauty will donate to The Organic Center 10 percent of sales from their USDA Collection of products from now until April 24.
Another partner, New Leaf Paper, will donate one percent of sales to The Organic Center when you mention “The Organic Center” when ordering New Leaf recycled paper through the end of August 2011.
About The Organic Center
The Organic Center's unique mission is to advance credible, evidence-based science on the health and environmental benefits of organic food and farming and to communicate them to the public. As an independent nonprofit 501(c) (3) research and education organization, we envision improved health for the earth and its inhabitants through the conversion of agriculture to organic methods. All of The Organic Center's research reports, publications, consumer guides and videos are available free of charge: www.organic-center.org.