AMERICAN FORK, Utah, June 1, 2006 - Pure Fruit Technologies, a Utah-based manufacturer of healthy exotic juice supplements, has instituted a Strategic Business Council (SBC) that will serve as an advisory board to the company.
The purpose of the SBC is to provide advice and guidance to ensure that Pure Fruit Technologies continues to bring products to market that are unique and innovative yet on track with industry trends and consumer demand.
"We are extremely grateful that these industry experts have accepted our invitation to participate on this advisory board," stated Dave Boyd, director of global operations, Pure Fruit Technologies. "Their varied backgrounds will provide Pure Fruit Technologies with a unique, multi-faceted view of the industry to ensure that we remain the leader in the healthy exotic juice supplement category."
The members of the SBC have wide-ranging expertise in product development, marketing, branding and bringing new products to retail in both the U.S. and abroad and will meet every other month. The members include:
- Dave Boyd, director of global operations, Pure Fruit Technologies. Boyd manages efforts of all Pure Fruit Technologies' divisions and outside partners, directs strategic planning, budgeting and reporting, and coordinates communication, sales and marketing efforts with U.S. and international distributors.
- Wayne Geilman, Ph.D., director of product technologies and food science, Pure Fruit Technologies. Dr. Geilman has an extensive background in the research and development, production, marketing and distribution of food products, and has worked in the food industry as a private consultant for nearly 20 years.
- LaMar Wiscombe, senior manager, international sales, Pure Fruit Technologies. Wiscombe has more than 23 years of experience in the natural products industry serving as a marketing and sales specialist, educator and consultant.
- Kim Driggs, CEO/president, Avatar Marketing. More than 20 years ago Driggs founded Avatar Marketing, the first outsourced national sales and marketing management company in the natural products and organic/specialty foods industry. She specializes in building sales on behalf of manufacturers with product lines existing in or entering the industry.
- Janet Schwartz, vice president, Avatar Marketing. Schwartz has been a national sales and marketing manager for nearly 10 years for supplement, health, beauty, food and beverage companies in the natural products, mass market, gourmet, specialty and gift industries.
- Jeff Hilton, partner, Integrated Marketing Group. Hilton co-founded IMG, a branding agency providing coordinated strategic planning and campaign execution to its clients in the consumer packaged goods and healthy lifestyles industries. He has 24 years of marketing and business experience and has been recognized by Advertising Age as one of the nation's Top 100 Marketers.
- David Wadsworth, vice president, product strategy, Tahitian Noni International. Wadsworth has spent most of his career in sales and marketing on a national and international level. He has extensive experience in ensuring companies' products and processes contribute to the strength of the overall brand.
Pure Fruit Technologies, www.purefruittechnologies.com, is a Utah-based manufacturer of healthy exotic juice supplements. The company has searched the globe for exotic fruits that deliver an array of health benefits, including mangosteen, seabuckthorn, goji and gac, and brought them to consumers in the form of potent, high quality and delicious juice supplements. Founded in 2002, Pure Fruit Technologies' first product was Mango-xan Antioxidant Recovery Formula. The company has expanded its offerings to include Seabuck-7 Rejuvenation Formula, Goji-Zen Longevity Formula and Gac-Chi Heart & Vision Formula. The company's products are sold wholesale to health food retailers and distributors worldwide and are also available direct-to-consumers online.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
# # #