Sabinsa offers Silbinol® and pTeroWhite®, proprietary natural Pterostilbene, for nutritional and cosmetic applications, respectively, extracted from sustainably-grown dried heartwood of Pterocarpus marsupium (Kino tree of India). The above products are also available in synthetic versions.
Healthful berries, such as blueberries, and red wine have a high content of stilbenes, notably Resveratrol and Pterostilbene (close cousin and structural analog of resveratrol) which have diverse activities such as helping support the immune and cardiovascular systems, as well as extending the lifespan of various organisms.*
Anti-Aging Mechanism of Action:
Resveratrol was found recently to increase SIRT1 (the Silent information regulator pathway the type found in humans) activity 13-fold, with potentially beneficial effects in healthy aging and life-span.*
Resveratrol also ‘mimics’ the effects of caloric restriction, which is also known to increase lifespan. Caloric restriction is associated with increased SIRT1.*
Interestingly, Pterostilbene is more powerful and effective than resveratrol in many ways:
· Pterostilbene is better absorbed, and more biologically active
· Pterostilbene is chemically and metabolically more stable and confers intended benefits without undergoing extensive metabolism as resveratrol
· Pterostilbene is more effective in inhibiting cell membranes against lipid peroxidation*
· Pterostilbene has been shown to better ameliorate dyslipidemia (in diabetic rats) thus contributing to supporting cardiovascular health*
· Pterostilbene better reduces anti-inflammatory markers such as NF?B, iNOS and as a selective inhibitor of COX-2*
· Pterostilbene antimicrobial benefits are 5-10 times more powerful
· pTeroWhite® is potentially more effective in inhibiting pro-inflammatory enzymes in vitro
· pTeroWhite is more effective in inhibiting melanogenesis and supports skin tone lightening and dyschromia management*
· pTeroWhite effectively protects the skin from damage by ultraviolet radiation. It’s in vitro efficacy is comparable to Resveratrol*
· Published studies <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=67170259&msgid=831842&act=UT0M&c=348719&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silbinol.com%2FclinicalStudies.htm> reaffirm the traditional use of Pterostilbene as a blood sugar support ingredient*
· Pterostilbene was found to be solely responsible for the anti-inflammatory effects of Pterocarpus marsupium extract, notably its selective COX-2 inhibitory action*
· Recent research in air pathway remodeling alludes to Pterostilbene’s use in healthy breathing support especially in smokers*
· Its role in enhancing cognition points to its role for healthy well-being in elderly*
Silbinol® and pTeroWhite® Potential Benefits Summary:
· Antioxidant Support*
· Anti-inflammatory activity*
· Insulin sensitivity, supports normal blood sugar levels and normal blood lipid levels*
· Healthy Heart Support*
· Healthy Aging, Memory and Cognition*
· Skin lightening, Sun Care Cosmeceutical benefits*
A published European study on Silbinol in human volunteers (Planta Medica 2005, 71, 387-392) finds Silbinol a safe product.
Silbinol <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=67170259&msgid=831842&act=UT0M&c=348719&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silbinol.com> ® can be used singly or in combination with Resveratrol in nutraceutical compositions to support wellness and healthy aging. pTeroWhite <http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=67170259&msgid=831842&act=UT0M&c=348719&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sabinsa.com%2Fproducts%2Fcosmeceuticals%2Fpterowhite%2F> ® is an effective natural ingredient in cosmetic compositions that support skin texture and even tone, and in sun-care and after sun-care cosmetic formulations.
For clinical and safety studies, dosage amounts, standardized percentages, formulation guidelines, samples, pricing and further discussion on how Silbinol®, and pTeroWhite® may enhance your product lines with synergistic ingredients.