The Sweet Leaf Tea Company is proud to announce a donation of 40 laptops and desktop computers to the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization. These donated items will be distributed amongst families and children in need throughout central Texas beginning in January 2012.
One of the main goals of the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization is to help children realize their potential and build their futures. With the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas being comprised of about 1,100 children, Sweet Leaf® Tea is happy to lend a helping hand by providing kids and their families with a variety of laptops and desktops no more than two years old. Of the computers being donated by Sweet Leaf Tea, about 70% will be laptops with the remaining 30% being desktops. All are no more than two years old. The total estimated value of this sweet donation is $15,000.
"We are thrilled to help the children of the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization in any way we can," said Danny Witte, Assistant Marketing Managerof Sweet Leaf Tea. "In this day in age, computers are a necessity and a crucial resource for children in everything from their school work to basic development. It is truly an honor for us to be a part of this initiative."
"With Sweet Leaf Tea having such a big presence in our community, and nationally, we are very excited and grateful for the company's donation as it will make a large impact for the children and families that we work with here in central Texas," said Brent Fields, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters
Offering organic and all-natural iced tea beverages, Sweet Leaf Tea has always been an advocate of charitable giving, especially within the community, and looks forward to continuing to support the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization. For more information about Big Brothers Big Sisters, please visit www.bigmentoring.org. Additional information about Sweet Leaf Tea Company can be found on its Facebook, Twitter and website at www.sweetleaftea.com.
About Sweet Leaf Tea
Founded in 1998, Sweet Leaf ®Tea is a fast-growing manufacturer of organic and natural iced tea beverages. Made from the finest ingredients, including purified water, pure cane sugar and high-quality organic tea leaves, Sweet Leaf® Tea is made and brewed based on founder Clayton Christopher's grandmother's recipe and technique, and is available nationwide. Sweet Leaf® Tea is a subsidiary ofNestlé Waters North America, one of the leading non-alcoholic beverage companies in the U.S. For more information please visit, www.sweetleaftea.com.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters will provide more than 90,000 hours of mentoring to 1,500 children in Central Texas this year as well as $190,000 in scholarship money via BBBS' Foundation to Littles pursuing higher education. For more than 40 years, we have matched children, ages 6–16, with supportive adult mentors who build friendships and offer encouragement and support to each child. The organization depends on donations to help recruit volunteers and reach more children. Funding is used to conduct screening on volunteers to ensure child safety; and provide on-going support for children, families and volunteers to build and sustain long-lasting relationships. Our agency is ranked in the top five percent nationally for program quality. Most impressively, last year more than 97 percent of our Little Brothers and Sisters stayed in school, improved their grades and avoided early parenting. For more information, visit www.bigmentoring.org.