Decatur, IL - July 8, 2008 - Tate & Lyle announces the launch of www.promitorfiber.com - a new website that provides food and beverage processors with the latest information on Tate & Lyle’s award-winning* PROMITORTM dietary fibers. The site includes videos and podcasts from a number of Tate & Lyle scientists and health professionals on a wide range of topics.
The site also includes detailed technical information for both PROMITOR™ Soluble Corn Fiber** and PROMITOR™ Resistant Starch; lists of ready-made prototypes available from Tate & Lyle; comprehensive information on suitable product applications; and a sample request facility.
Videos and podcasts provide viewers with easily accessible information on Tate & Lyle’s customer offering. Presentations cover (among other topics):
· The technical benefits of PROMITOR™ dietary fibers and how Tate & Lyle can support customers with product development, reformulation and other applications challenges;
· Tate & Lyle’s integrated customer offering (which includes consumer research insights, market data and trends, expert product applications capabilities, and field technical service);
· Consumer perspectives on fiber and how customers can bring consumer benefits to the market;
· Insights from our Health and Nutrition Sciences team on various nutritional studies.
“Based on consumer trends and interest in “healthier” eating, Tate & Lyle has a dedicated commitment to help customers innovate and add functional ingredients, such as fiber, to a wide range of food and beverage products,” said Harvey Chimoff, Director of Marketing, Americas, Tate & Lyle. “With www.promitorfiber.com we can provide fiber facts at their fingertips.”
“We are seeing strong interest from food and beverage manufacturers to provide nutritional benefits to their consumers via the addition of fiber, including several products in or near market launch,” adds David Lewis, Business Development Manager, Health & Wellness.
* PROMITOR™ Soluble Gluco Fibre has been Highly Commended in the Best New Ingredient category in the Beverage Innovation Awards.
* Tate & Lyle’s “PROMITOR™ Fiber H2O with Protein” satiety water received the first Food Product Design Excellence Award in November 2007
**Known as Soluble Gluco Fibre in Europe