Most men, regardless of age, are unaware that they may be vitamin D deficient, which puts them at high risk for a number of serious diseases. The top three most common diseases among men are heart disease, prostate cancer and colon cancer. Some men may also experience chronic fatigue, lack of well being and lack of stamina. Many suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure and metabolic syndrome. These diseases are a threat to men of all ages around the world. However, with the recent discovery of the amazing health benefits of Vitamin D, such diseases could be prevented.
Dr. Sarfraz Zaidi, medical expert and author of "Power of Vitamin D," believes that Vitamin D is essential to men's overall health and wellness. Most men are low in vitamin D, but do not know it. According to Dr. Zaidi, there is a simple solution.
ABOUT VITAMIN D
- Not technically a vitamin, Vitamin D is actually a hormone that affects almost every organ system in the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency is a TRUE DISEASE. Deficiency of vitamin D can affect every organ in the body and result in various life threatening diseases.
- Research shows that Vitamin D can significantly improve chronic fatigue, stamina, sense of well-being, muscle strength, the immune system and the cardiovascular system
- Most people don't know how to tap into the incredible health benefits of vitamin D without risking toxicity
DR. ZAIDI'S STRATEGY TO OPTIMIZE VITAMIN D LEVEL:
- Get your vitamin D level checked. Everyone has a different level of vitamin D based on various factors. A simple blood test will determine if someone is vitamin D deficient. The proper blood test is 25 (OH) Vitamin D.
- Take advantage of all of the sources of vitamin D, including sensible sun exposure, proper nutrition and most importantly proper dose of vitamin D supplements.
- Check your vitamin D level with your doctor on a regular basis. According to Dr. Zaidi and his extensive experience with his patients, the optimal daily dose of vitamin D for most people ranges from 2000 I.U to 10,000 I.U.—compared to the usual dose of 400 I.U. in multivitamins and calcium supplements.