Looking for some easy ways to trim the waste from your exercise regimen? Check out these tips from Kim Carlson, eco-expert and founder of Earth SmartConsumer Certified, for being a more eco-conscious athlete.
1. Get a solar charger for your iPod.
2. Stretch yourself by using a cork yoga block, a sustainable choice.
3. Spring for a natural rubber yoga mat. It may cost more but it's recyclable and contains no Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), a toxic chemical.
4. Wear workout attire made from organic cotton.
5. If you're looking to join a gym, opt for one that is taking green initiatives, and avoid workout equipment that requires electricity.
6. Always drink from BPA-free water bottles
7. Steer clear of chlorine, which can pollute water and may have health risks, when taking a dip.