2008 was a year of bad debt and tighter access to capital and credit for nutrition industry suppliers. Firms were still dealing with the blows that rising fuel prices and currency fluctuations delivered in 2007 and the first half of 2008 which left many supply companies uncertain of how the economic downturn would affect the U.S. nutrition industry and what would be in store for 2009.
On January 14th, 2009 NBJ's Carlotta Mast and Thomas Aarts will join me to present a strategic analysis and review of the U.S. nutritional raw material & ingredient supply industry. You are invited to register for this online seminar that will begin at 11am MT.
For $495, each registered company will be allowed up to six participant access points to the live online seminar.
During the seminar, we will present new NBJ market figures and discuss the following topics:
• Snapshot of 2008 business issues, preview of 2009
• Review of over the counter (OTC) & Supp Combo Products and their regulatory potential
• A category overview of pricing and supply trends for vitamins, minerals, herbs & botanicals and specialty ingredients including fish oil, probiotics, whey protein and COQ-10
• Major factors affecting growth in supplement and functional food supply markets
• New steps vitamin manufactures and suppliers need to undertake to maintain market credibility
• Discussion of how the economy is impacting the ingredient supply segment of the U.S. nutrition industry
I encourage you to register here. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 303.998.9229
Patrick D. Rea
Publisher & Editorial Director, Nutrition Business Journal
Co-Chair, The NBJ Summit