Nutrition Business Journal is hosting and moderating a number of panels later this week at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California.
We hope to see you at these events:
Wednesday, March 4
* NBJ Publisher and Editorial Director Patrick Rea, NBJ Editor Carlotta Mast and Natural Products Consulting Group Principal Bob Burke will give our State of the Industry presentation to Nutracon attendees from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the Anaheim Hilton.
Thursday, March 5
Michael Movitz, vice president of business development at SPINS, will join Patrick, Carlotta and Bob for NBJ’s State of the Industry: Hot New Products and Industry Trends presentation from 10:30 a.m. to noon in room 204AB of the Anaheim Convention Center. We will discuss the latest nutrition industry growth figures, identify key trends for 2009, highlight the hottest products on the market, and address the challenges facing the industry this year and beyond.
* Starting at 1 p.m., Patrick will be dishing out the NBJ data during private one-on-one “speed data” sessions with Nutracon attendees.
* At 3 p.m., Patrick will discuss the state of the nutrition industry with Global Business Program participants.
* Carlotta will join Chef Ann Cooper, Organic Bistro’s Laryn Callaway and YoNaturals’ Mark Trotter to discuss the opportunities and challenges facing retailers and manufacturers in the kids nutrition market during the Healthy Children, Healthy Future panel, which runs from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. in room 207B of the convention center.
Friday, March 6
* Patrick will take on the issue of genetically modified food with UNFI’s Michael Funk, Helen Holder of Friends of the Earth, FoodChain Global Advisors’ John Fagan and Consumer Union’s Michal Hansen during the GMOs: Gettin’ M Out of Our Food panel from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in room 207A.
* Next door in room 207B, Carlotta will do the introductions for the Natural Products Marketing: Lean and Green SupplyExpo Seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. This event will feature Jeff Hilton, president of the Integrated Marketing Group, and Jon Goldman, a leading expert on unusual marketing techniques that achieve monstrous results.
Saturday, March 7
* Don’t miss Nutrition Capital Network’s 2009 Investor Forum at Expo West. The meeting will take place from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in room 207A of the Anaheim Convention Center. Designed for investors in the nutrition, natural products, healthy foods and green products industry, this NCN Investor Forum will present current perspective on industry trends and the investment climate, case studies of representative recent deals, and a qualified list of companies exhibiting at Natural Products ExpoWest that are also interested in raising capital. The Forum is free and open exclusively to investors registered for Expo West.
If we don’t see you at one of these events, we hope to be able catch up with you on the tradeshow floor or at one of the many social events planned for this year’s Expo West. Also, be sure to check out NBJ’s Twitter page to read Patrick’s updates throughout the show.