"If you do your due diligence in finding that right influencer, and you approach it from an equal value partnership, and make them a part of the process, you will be able to trust your influencers to really powerfully influence on your behalf."
—Rachel Begun, registered dietitian
Part 1: Basics of influencer marketing
- Kinds of influencers: Celebrities, super influencers, micro influencers, ambassadors, off-category influencers.
- "Ninety-two percent of consumers trust an influencer more than a brand advertisement or traditional celebrity endorsement," Denise Lambertson said.
Part 2: Which influencer is right for you?
- How would you like influencers to drive you toward your goal?
- What do successful metrics look like?
- Where do you find the right influencer?
Part 3: The do's and don'ts of influencer relationships
- Compensate influencers fairly and send them the right samples.
- Promote influencers on social media and use effective precise communication.
Part 4: The power of value-aligned partnerships
- Identify brand values and make sure your mission aligns with the influencer's.
- Bring the influencer into the strategic process.
- Prioritize quality of message over quantity of followers.
Part 5: Moderated Q&A
- What is a good entry point for a small natural brand that recently launched?
- How do small companies manage these relationships without sacrificing time or resources?
- Do you recommend that compensation be part of the initial outreach?
Part 6: Audience Q&A
- Are there any existing programs to connect influencers and natural product companies?
- What is the rate range for a micro influencer and a good standard for engagement?
- For an early stage business, how soon would you recommend engaging with influencers?
- How would your influencer strategy change based on sales channel?
This session—Growing Your Tribe: An Introduction to Connecting with Values-Aligned Influencers—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2017. Click "download" to access the presentation slides.