“I’m here to tell you that email is in fact not dead … an email is five times more likely to be seen than a Facebook post.”
—Zach Duckworth, DigiZen Marketing Group
Part 1: Get started on your email strategy
Highlights from Zach Duckworth, DigiZen Marketing Group:
- Strategies to stand out from the clutter in a world filled with noise and too much information.
- Tip No. 1: Set up a welcome series and generate 320% more revenue than a regular email campaign.
- How many emails to send out and how to begin to think about smart targeting.
- How much ROI to expect from email marketing.
Part 2: Targeted campaigns
Highlights from Denise Day, Good Day Chocolate:
- Why email is more effective and efficient today than it was even 15 years ago.
- How Good Day uses emails to drive awareness and e-commerce sales through Shopify.
- Tip No. 2: Use targeted email campaigns. Good Day Chocolate targeted subscribers who were struggling with sleep by sending an email at 1:30 a.m. The company got an amazing 24% conversion rate from this specific campaign.
- Main takeaways from testing targeted campaigns.
Part 3: Rewarding loyalty
Highlights from Melissa LaCouture, free2b foods:
- How switching from MailChimp to Klaviyo changed everything for free2b foods.
- Tip No. 3. Reward loyal subscribers by giving them first dibs on special offers. Free2b increased its profit during the holiday season by creating specific bundle offers and giving email subscribers exclusive benefits.
Part 4: Q&A, the dos and don'ts of buying email lists
- Duckworth: If you decide to buy email lists, you have to be very careful not to get blacklisted by Google for spamming.
- Day: The most important thing is where you are buying the email list from. Care2 is a great company to go through to find users who are connected to causes that your brand is involved in.
This session—Mastering Your Email Strategy—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.