“My audience’s trust in me is so important that I really don’t want to risk that in any way … I would rather make my money in different ways instead of just depending on sponsorship.”
— Michelle Tam, Nom Nom Paleo
Part 1: Overview from New Hope Network’s Jessie Shafer
- Learn more about New Hope Network’s Influencer Summit and the Influencer Co-op.
- Discover the Fab 5 Influencer Team and their hot topics from Natural Products Expo West 2019.
Part 2: East vs. West: two influencers offer different perspectives
- Strategies for discussing health topics on social media from Chelsea Williams of That's Chelsea.
- Dos and don’ts for pitching to influencers from Williams.
- Most influencers want a long-term partnership with a brand, not just a one-off campaign, Williams says.
- I really think of my readers as my best friends: make it useful, make it delightful, says Michelle Tam of Nom Nom Paleo.
- The respect has to go both ways; you have to appreciate what I can bring and not just what you’re bringing to me, Tam says
This session—Connecting with the Changing Consumer: Making It Personal—The Role of Influencers—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.