Get more news like this delivered straight to your inbox with the Natural Products Daily newsletter.
Thrive Market, a revolutionary new online store with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for all American families, launched on Nov. 3, 2014.
Thrive Market’s catalog of more than 2,500 of the highest quality healthy foods and products from more than 400 of the best-selling brands on the market is available at wholesale prices through a Costco-like membership model. Now, for just $59.95 per year (equivalent to just $5 per month), Thrive members can get wholesome essentials delivered to their door at wholesale level pricing.
“It is time for the natural and organic products that so many of us know and love to become widely available to people of all socioeconomic backgrounds,” said Jeremiah McElwee, Thrive vice president of purchasing and former Whole Foods Market executive. “We know that for far too long, price points have been a barrier to entry that have prohibited people from buying the healthiest foods and products. Our goal is to break down those walls so that everyone can thrive.”
This innovative marketplace brings healthy brands like Weleda, Dr. Bronner’s, Spectrum, Garden of Eatin’, Bob’s Red Mill, Nature’s Path, Eden Foods, Annie’s Homegrown, Earth’s Best, Seventh Generation, Garden of Life, Jason Naturals and many more to everyone!
Thrive Market offers products and benefits never before brought together:
- 25 percent to 50 percent off retail prices on America’s favorite wholesome goods
- A huge selection of Paleo, gluten-free, raw, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free and allergen-free items for every dietary preference
- Fast, easy and carbon-neutral shipping direct to home or office
- An abundance of certified organic and non-GMO foods
- Safe, nontoxic cleaning products, personal care products and beauty supplies
- High-quality nutritional supplements and vitamins
- All-natural, nontoxic baby products and home goods
- Tagging of every product across 90-plus dietary and preference filters so members can shop according to their values and needs
- A first-of-its-kind membership-based community that, unlike big-box buying clubs, offers everyday sizes, not just bulk
- Direct social giving that sponsors a free membership for a low-income American family for every membership sold
“Expanding healthy living isn’t just a business model—at Thrive Market, it’s a mission. Through the company’s Thrive Gives initiative, a unique take on oneto-one giving, every paid membership is matched with a free membership for a low-income family,” said Gunnar Lovelace, founding CEO of Thrive Market.
“Through our Thrive Gives program, thousands of Americans who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford healthy and natural products will have easy access to similarly or lower-priced alternatives to the highly processed and artificial conventional products found at traditional supermarkets.”
Thrive Market works with a network of charitable Giving Partners—Boys and Girls Club of America, the Environmental Media Association and LA Fund—to help distribute these memberships and to democratize access to healthy foods and goods.
Thrive Market is partnering with an extensive network of value-aligned strategic investors, including Mark Sisson, “Godfather” of the Paleo movement and founder of Mark’s Daily Apple; Katie, founder of Wellness Mama; Brian Lee, founder and CEO of Honest.com, Shoedazzle.com and Legalzoom.com; Mike Geary, fitness mega-affiliate and founder of The Truth About Abs; and Drew Koven, head of e-commerce at Guess.com and former CMO of Fresh Direct.
Thrive Market is founded by CEO and serial social entrepreneur Gunnar Lovelace, president and entrepreneur Nick Green, CTO and technologist Sasha Siddhartha, and vice president of content and lifestyle publishing veteran Kate Mulling, who were brought together by two shared realizations: First, that living healthy in America is too hard for too many people, and second, that it shouldn’t be that way.
Join the movement to make healthy food available to all at thrivemarket.com.