"If we think about conversation as being the key intervention point ... how might we value them and how might we feel motivated to really understand what's going on?"
—Susan Skjei, Authentic Leadership Center, Naropa University
Part 1: Authentic leadership
- How to structure effective conversations and problem-solving within your team.
- Awareness can help challenge mental models and assumptions.
Part 2: The ladder of inference
- Three ways to improve communication by applying the ladder of inference.
- Role play debrief.
Part 3: Inquiry and advocacy
- How to create an environment where inquiry can happen without it feeling like interrogation.
- Workshopping in real-time: having conversations about procrastination.
Part 4: Practicing self-compassion
- Workshopping in real-time: working with reactions based on frustration.
- Questions and answers.
This session—Conscious Conversations, Engaging the Differences that Divide Us—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.