"We have the power. What we are great at in this industry is connecting and transferring enthusiasm."
—Graham Rigby, Organic India USA
Part 1: Human health
- The Organic Center's Jessica Shade, PhD, discusses studies that show benefits of organic agriculture on human health.
- How to translate negative health effects of pesticides to consumers without creating fear.
Part 2: The environment
- The Organic Center's Tracy Misiewicz, PhD, shows studies on how organic agriculture positively impacts the environment.
- Why soil health is essential for climate change mitigation efforts.
Part 3: Revitalizing communities
- Organic India's CIO Graham Rigby talks about different ways that brands can educate consumers.
- A five-step plan for brands to partner with The Organic Center.
Part 4: Debunk the myths
- How do you educate consumers that organic means non-GMO?
- Debunking the myths and clarifying the definition of regenerative agriculture.
Part 5: Translating to consumers
- Can organic agriculture reverse climate change?
- How to translate benefits of organic to consumers living in urban areas of the world.
This session—The Organic Center Presents, Translating Organic's Benefits to Consumers—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.