“It IS who you are, how you do things and what you stand for that people want to see, and they want to know for sure that it’s legit. So you have to take down that wall and you have to tell the stories that are going on inside the company because that’s what you’re going to be judged for.”
— Ashley Alsup, Boulder Strategy House
- From 31-year-old consumer Monica: “[It has] become a normal part of life to really look at labels, and my hope is that bigger brands start to take note and drop things that really are terrible for us and things that are not sustainable.”
- The era of merely selling products is over. Consumers expect brands to share values and take actions to express care.
- Getting pregnant and having children is a huge turning point for women when they start questioning what they’re consuming and why.
- Social media drives engagement: Consumers become advocates, their interests broaden and what they expect from companies broadens.
- Trust is now your intentions, values and actions, not just whether your product works.
This session—Connecting with the Changing Consumer: Boulder Strategy House Film Series and Data: The Consumer Shift—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" to get the presentation deck.