“Reinventing consumer discovery is crucial and essential to maintaining growth in this industry. We have to provide customized recommendations and offerings that will really make it easier for all of us to get what we want and what we need.”
—Sarah Schmansky, Nielsen
- Data, artificial intelligence and machine learning have altered the way that we discover products and search for things.
- Right offer + right person + right time = 13x ROI and effectiveness.
- Growth of socially charged advertising is upwards of $2 billion and growing 4x since 2011.
- Click-and-collect pickup lockers are probably the simplest and most ubiquitous expansion we’ve seen in this space over the last few years.
- We’re not ready just yet to purchase our fresh products online; this is where brick-and-mortar retailers will continue to stay relevant and win, and ultimately bring consumers back into the store.
This session—Connecting with the Changing Consumer: The “I” in Retail--Data-Driven Personalization—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.