"Advances which relate to food and nutrition give us translational opportunities to develop product and services that can either optimize the microbiome or optimize overall health."
—Matthew Roberts, KGK Science
Part 1: Introduction to the microbiome
- Potential impacts of the biome on overall health and disease prevention.
- History and function of microbiota in human health.
Part 2: Research and clinical substantiation
- Advances in research suggest a link to metabolism and make a case for a personalized approach.
- The ability of the microbiota to influence brain and behavior.
Part 3: The effects of microbiota on the host
- The fundamental characteristics and three main roles of microorganisms.
- How to reverse dysbiosis and the role of probiotics, postbiotics and prebiotics.
Part 4: Botanicals and rebiosis
- The potential for botanicals to replenish a microbial community back to a healthy state.
- Clinical studies of fraxinus angustifolia and it's potential to reduce metabolic disorders.
Part 5: Variability, probiotic blends and next-gen sequencing
- What variation of bacteria do we need to maintain a healthy microbiome?
- What companies should look for when partnering with a next-generation sequencing company.
Part 6: Dysbiosis, CFUs and pre-digestive fibers
- Identifying the root cause of dysbiosis.
- Find out the best approach for selecting the right probiotic.
This session—Demystifying Microbiome Research, New Opportunities for Health & Business—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.