"The consumer does have [power] to actually drive change ... but we can't wait for the consumer, we have to do what's right and bring the consumer along with us."
—Carlotta Mast, New Hope Network
Part 1: Consumer connection
- Panelists discuss the unique ways that they engage with their consumers on important issues.
- How do we activate consumers to reduce food waste?
Part 2: A call to action
- There are multiple places where food gets wasted in the supply chain; what are some ideas to fix this?
- How can we do a better job of giving consumers ways to use food in their fridge?
Part 3: The role of technology
- Ways in which technology can impact the way we interact about food waste.
- Harnessing the power of kids and schools to make an impact.
Part 4: Incentivize change
- How do we create dialogue between the supply chain, brands, retailers and distributors?
- Incentive ideas for consumers when they reduce their food waste.
Part 5: Empowering consumers
- Empowering people to become creators and not just consumers through urban farming.
- The issues with expiration dates and how retailers and manufacturers can help.
This session—Priorities in Action, Incentivizing Positive Consumer Change—was recorded at Esca Bona 2016.