Part 1: Consumer trends
- Latest survey reveals plant-based diets are becoming more mainstream.
- Food launches with vegetarian claims are up 60 percent.
- Overview of top protein ingredients and growth categories.
Part 2: Process of product innovation
- Strategies for successful product development.
- Emerging ingredients and commercialization.
Part 3: How we grow
- Successful growth through "taste, innovation and expertise."
- Health-conscious consumption trends result in demand for better quality, premium products.
Part 4: What’s new on the Expo East show floor
- Exciting new and innovative plant-based products.
- Plant-based products matter not only for health or environmental reasons, but also for taste, education and discovery.
Part 5: Q&A
- What are your views on the clean meat industry?
- What affects price and will plant-based products become more affordable?
- In addition to policy, what do you see as a role of Big Food and the challenges around supply and cost in agriculture?
- How do you persuade non-vegetarians about the value of plant-based products without being patronizing?
This session—Product Innovation: A Current Snapshot & Predictions for the Future of Plant-Based Foods—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2017. Click "download" to access the presentation slides.