"It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from, you can be a farmer." –Ron Finley, The Ron Finley Project
Part 1: Dream big, believe big
- Meet Te'Lario Watkins II, a 9-year-old entrepreneur and mushroom farmer who is already achieving celebrity status with his business, Tiger Mushroom Farms.
Part 2: Inspire kids and change culture
- Back to the Roots and The Ron Finley Project are teaching kids how to grow their own food and activate their communities.
- How getting back to nature can connect us to who we are and help us develop as individuals.
Part 3: Food should grow right next to us
- Re-instilling reverence for the farmer and reverence for the soil will help build the next generation of farmers.
- Local farming is a political act and can empower communities.
Part 4: Waste is a valuable resource
- How can we use a biodynamic framework to create something valuable with waste?
Part 5: Kids have the power
- How can we get kids in urban areas interested in farming?
- How can we all find freedom by growing our own food?
This session–The Future of Farming, Cultivating the Next Generation of Growers–was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click download below to access the presentation slides.