“Today’s customers don’t just consume our products, they actually are consuming pretty much everything about our company … individually they don’t care about each of the things that we’re doing, but collectively they care about everything.”
— Dan Kurzrock, ReGrained
- The ReGrained mission: to better align the food we eat with the planet we love, and doing that through a model of upcycling.
- Broadcast your message through every channel possible, but make sure you treat it as a dynamic conversation.
- Our financing was very untraditional, with 700-plus investors via equity crowdfunding.
- Discussing the “P” in CPG. We’re in the future trash business.
- Being human vs. just being a brand/status quo for business; think about your values and how you create culture around those.
This session—Connecting with the Changing Consumer: Brand Strategies for Meeting Consumers Where They Are—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019.