"As things change, how we adapt to that ... becomes progressively more challenging if we haven't worked hard to keep the climate as stable as possible."
—Mark Trexler, The Climatographers
Part 1: Why renewable energy matters
- The relevance of a stable climate to society as a whole and to the agricultural sector.
- The importance of energy as it contributes to two-thirds of global greenhouse emissions.
Part 2: Fighting moral hazard
- What we can do about climate change: new public policy, innovation and voluntary action.
- Defining energy initiatives that are making a positive impact versus "business as usual" initiatives.
Part 3: Green energy options
- The kinds of questions businesses need to ask before purchasing renewable energy.
- The impact continuum of RECs, PPAs, Green Energy Tarifs and "build your own" options.
Part 4: Questions and answers
- How do you evaluate whether or not RECs are generating compliance?
- The cons of companies committing to science-based targets.
This session—Climate Workshop: RECs, PPAs & the Alphabet Soup of Purchasing Renewable Energy—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.