"Whatever meat people choose to eat, let's make it be regenerative and make sure that it's making the land better."
—Chris Kerston, The Savory Institute
Part 1: From degenerative to regenerative
- Why regenerative agriculture holds the key to addressing global climate change.
- Defining the different tiers of agricultural methodology.
Part 2: Redefining animal welfare
- What are the best practices for farming and ranching on a regenerative scale?
- The ways in which livestock can be used to regenerate the land.
Part 3: Clear and verifiable data
- Is regenerative agriculture scalable?
- The regenerative certification seal is in the works and could be an industry game-changer.
Part 4: Retailer partnerships, data tools and corporate initiatives
- How can agriculture be a catalyst to bring our entire culture back to health?
- How can big corporations take more initiative in addressing climate change?
Part 5: Job creation, advocacy and wild ecosystems
- In what ways does regeneratively raised meat move beyond grass fed?
- How this method of farming positively affects the overall ecosystem and wild animal species.
This session—Climate Workshop, Positive Animal Impact; Healing Soil, Regenerating Land, Reversing Climate Change—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017.