“Isn’t there a difference between a deficiency disease and optimal health? That’s where we’re playing…the people who come to the health food stores, that’s what they want…certainly the Millennials…‘I want to be my best self.’”
— Todd Runestad, New Hope Network
- Talking supplements SWOT: strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Hemp/CBD is the biggest natural product in the history of natural products—a significant opportunity.
- Millennials love alternative delivery formats (e.g., bars, straws, effervescent tabs).
- Middle-aged consumers are most concerned with sleep issues and lack of energy.
- Nutrition gets personal: Gene sequencing, blood testing and microbiome testing allow you to design your very own supplement regime.
- Adaptogens and nitric oxide are the two big trends in sports performance.
This session—The Supplement Round Table: Ingredient & Product Trends—was recorded at Natural Products Expo East 2018. Click 'download' below to access the presentation slides.