"The more passionate you are about what you do, the more fun you'll have doing it."
—Mikaila Ulmer, Me & the Bees Lemonade
Part 1: Bee pollination is critical for our food system
- One in three bites of our food comes from food that bees pollinated.
- Connect with your community, even if it means wearing a bee costume.
Part 2: Your brand is more than your name
- Mikaila's Bee Sweet lemonade expanded flavors and distribution.
- Tell your unique story to sell your product.
Part 3: Turn lemons into lemonade
- Learn from others' challenges and how they prevailed.
- Natural Products Expo West attendees share lemons they faced in life and business.
Part 4: Be a beeliever
- Have fun in what you do.
- You can save bees and make money at the same time.
- Stay grounded. For Mikaila, attending school serves this purpose.
This session—Storytelling & Brand Equity: When Life Gives You Lemons—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2018. Click "download" below to access the presentation slides.