BrandHive bets that you’ve been inundated with “top trends for 2015” lists for weeks now. So the natural products industry experts have decided to explore the top 5 “un-trends” of 2015 instead. These former trends are no longer trends. Rather, they have transitioned to “business as usual.”
- Gluten-free and non-GMO are on the shelf to stay. SPINS ranks non-GMO varieties among the fastest growing supplement categories of 2014. Plus, 9 percent of consumers actively look for gluten-free options, regardless of medical sensitivity.
- Personalized health care is getting pushy. Consumer self-care is blurring the lines between supplements, food and pharma. Consumers want functional and nutritional solutions, which combine health, convenience and performance.
- Move over three meals a day—snackification is the norm. The breakfast-lunch-dinner paradigm is dead and buried. Consumers are convinced that snacking can be a healthy way to maintain their metabolism and keep cravings in check.
- Look and see. Visual content is mandatory. Visual assets can be pricey, but worth it when a quick glance at an infographic communicates more to your customers than an entire white paper. And if ROI is your goal, video is a top-ranking Lead-Gen asset in the nutrition industry.
- Shotgun or sniper rifle? Micro-targeting hits the big time. Technology can help you target consumers who want exactly what you’re offering. And because Google, Facebook and Twitter all have ad programs that do micro-targeting for you, you can implement this strategy without hiring an IT staff.