NMI, a leading research and global intelligence provider to brands and corporations, is pleased to release its much awaited 13th annual report on the U.S. consumer sustainability market.
NMI’s Sustainability in America 2015: Trends & Opportunities report offers valuable insights, data, and analysis to assist businesses in better understanding the ever-evolving world of environmentally friendly, socially conscious, and healthy products and how consumers are integrating sustainability into their lifestyle. This ground breaking study explores the much needed area of 'return on investment' (ROI) of sustainability initiatives. Many companies have been involved and are becoming more involved in the sustainability space, taking measures to ensure they are mindful of their impact on society, the environment and local and global communities. But, beyond operational savings, what is the real ROI to the brand and product sales?
GREEN is the NEW BLACK: Just consider the fact that consumer awareness and attitudes toward GREEN brands has increased to an all-time high over the last five years.
When consumers know you are mindful of your impact in areas of health and sustainability:
- 58 percent are more likely to try your products or services
- 53 percent are more likely to buy your products repeatedly
- 45 percent are more likely to tell friends and family about your company
- 30 percent are less concerned with price
Maryellen Molyneaux, NMI managing partner, added that “uncertainty arises for companies in how to measure what type and how much of an impact, if any, these sustainable initiatives are having. In essence, are these sustainable initiatives having a positive impact on the environment or the company and how can the impact be measured? Even further, have these initiatives transformed consumer perceptions regarding the company and, if so, are they measurable changes?” This report addresses these questions and ultimately provides background and consumer insights to begin the ROI journey.
In addition, the intent of this report is to provide a solid overview of where the current sustainable marketplace stands:
- How consumers interact in the green marketplace
- What product benefits and attributes are driving consumers to choose sustainable over conventional products?
- How segments within society view sustainability differently and what motivates this differentiation
- What are some of the barriers to being ‘green’?
- What are the opportunities for future growth?
NMI trusts readers will enjoy this report, and that it both grounds you in market trends as well as sparks new ideas of how you can explore opportunities and develop successful ROI strategies in this thriving marketplace.