“Patient capital is right, in this industry, this is a seven- to 10-year journey.”
—Aaron Rudberg, S2G Ventures
Part 1: A different funding focus
- From company culture to vision to democratic ownership, discover what these investors seek in entrepreneurs.
- Best pitch deck experiences.
- Erin Alexrod of LIFT Economy explains what she calls "a new win," companies willing “to radically decentralize the way they are getting capital."
Part 2: Making the deal happen
- Alexrod discusses how to have humility about blind spots but also how to know blind spots about their own privileges as well.
- Rudberg advises that entrepreneurs understand the venture fund they are going in to meet with and don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Consider alternative sources of capital such as philanthropic and community capital.
This Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) Funding Forum session—Patient Capital: Opportunities to Think Differently—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019 and moderated by Douglas Raggio of Bias and Blind Spots.
What's happening with NCN now:
Looking to invest in nutrition? Investors can still register for the NCN Spring Investor Meeting on April 23-24.
Want to pitch your brand? The deadline for NCN Europe VI at VitaFoods Europe is April 4.