"I think it's a really exciting time to be an entrepreneur. I think it's a really exciting time to be thinking about raising capital."
—Bill Shen, Enore Consumer Capital
Part 1: Accelerator program funding
- SKU's Shari Wynne Ressler describes how SKU works and what acceleration programs can do for brands.
- What investors want to know from emerging brands.
Part 2: Venture capital funding
- Accel Foods' Jordan Gasper gives an overview of the venture fund model of investment.
- What are venture funds like Accel Foods looking for in a company or brand?
Part 3: Crowdfunding and alternative funding sources
- Wild Friends Foods' Keeley Tilotson talks crowdfunding, alternative fundraising and Shark Tank.
- How Tilotson balances being an entrepreneur, a founder and a fund-raiser.
Part 4: Angel investment communities
- Slow Money Institute's Arno Hesse discusses value-driven angel investors and how the landscape is changing.
- Four current "hot buttons" in Slow Money Institute's community.
Part 5: Private equity funding, Q&A
- Enore Consumer Capital's Bill Shen describes the "grey areas" in the world of private equity.
- What is the methodology and mindset for private equity and venture capital investors?
This session—Demystifying the F Word: Navigating the Funding Relationship—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2017.