“A brand is really important in food, but it’s not the only thing.”
—Tera Johnson, Food Finance Institute
- Know the fundraising gauntlet and survive it with this checklist.
- You need an investable business model; pitch it, not your brand.
- Create a Dropbox and include the items included in presentation (and the download below).
- The number you need to know: cash at the end of the period.
- The credibility killers you need to avoid.
- Why you need a board of directors.
- Why you still need a working line of credit.
- Yes, you need to do all this legal stuff, too.
This Nutrition Capital Network (NCN) Funding Forum session—Getting Your Act Together: What it Really Takes to Successfully Fund Your Natural Products Company—was recorded at Natural Products Expo West 2019.