As they do every year, members of the standards team will be on-site to review products, labeling and literature. However, a new compliance notification feature on the Expo East 2019 app also allows exhibitors and attendees to report violations via mobile devices.
Involving exhibitors and attendees will help standards achieve two of its primary responsibilities: supporting industry self-regulation and maintaining a fair and level playing field on the show floor. Sources of complaints will remain anonymous.
With the app, reporting a violation is simple:
- Download the Expo East 2019 app (available for Android and iOS).
- Select the compliance tile on the home screen.
- Add the name of the company in violation.
- Add the booth number of the company in violation.
- Indicate whether you are reporting a prohibited ingredient or a prohibited claim.
- Take and upload a photo of the prohibited product or non-compliant claim. (Photos are encouraged.)
- Add a brief comment, if helpful.
Please use this tool in a professional and respectful manner.
The most egregious violations of Expo Exhibitor Standards include:
- Exhibiting prohibited products (such as vapes, unregistered devices, cannabinoid products with greater than 0.3% THC, and foods with artificial flavors, sweeteners and colors in foods)
- Claiming that foods, cosmetics or dietary supplements diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease.
- Claiming cosmetics do more than cleanse, beautify, promote attractiveness or alter appearance.
If you have questions about Expo Exhibitor standards generally or want to know before you exhibit whether your product labeling and marketing meet our standards, contact the Standards Department at Standards@NewHope.com.