Sports nutrition has a very promising future in China, but members of the industry need to work more closely together to educate, share and guide the industry toward its true potential.
China’s Sports Nutrition Figures
- 2015 Market Size: $74 million
- 2015 Growth Rate: 14 percent (slowing from 2012 growth rate of 19 percent)
- 2014 Inaugural: 4,238 visitors
- 2015 Second Annual: 10,827 visitors (155 percent increase)
- Market Size: $20+ billion
- 2015 Growth Rate: 30 percent, compared with global average of 20 percent
- 2015 Growth: 128 percent (second overall growth category)
The fitness and exercise industry is growing exponentially. However, sports nutrition is not enjoying similar expansion because of the regulatory environment as well as consumers' lack of product knowledge.
With sales and growth data in mind, the U.S.-China Health Products Association is organizing the China International Sports Nutrition Industry Summit 2016 in Shanghai with sponsors GNC, NSF, TSI Group and World Health Store. The June 20 summit is bringing together global and domestic industry leaders to learn, share and network.
This is a must-attend event for those interested in learning more about China’s sports nutrition regulatory environment, product-approval process, market size, sales channels, and cutting-edge ingredients and products. Also, experts who have been involved in China’s sports nutrition/fitness industry since its inception will be making presentations.
The summit is followed by China’s best expo for finished health products and raw materials. HealthPlex - Nutraceutical China Expo is held simultaneously with FiAsia-China and CPHI China from June 21-23 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. The combined expo hosts 60,000 global visitors and some 3,000 booths.