- Always clean the grill with a stiff wire brush before grilling.
- Before lighting the grill, spray the rack or nonstick basket with cooking spray, or brush it lightly with cooking oil.
- For optimum flavor, marinate meats, tofu and vegetables for at least 1 hour before grilling.
- Use lower heat for marinades containing sugar or alcohol and for slower-cooking cuts, such as thick vegetables, to avoid burning.
- Use medium-high temperatures for quick-cooking cuts, such as skinless, boneless chicken breasts, shrimp and tofu.
- Use bamboo skewers for small pieces of food and kabobs that require a short cooking time.
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before grilling to avoid scorching.
- Use metal skewers for larger pieces of food and kabobs that require an extended cooking time.
- Use metal skewers with flat edges to keep foods from slipping or breaking.
- Cut foods for kabobs into uniform pieces, and group together those foods that require similar cooking times.
- So that pieces cook evenly, avoid pushing foods tightly together on the skewer.
- Always wear oven mitts when handling hot food or skewers.
- To save time, keep the grill lid closed while grilling.
- Turn vegetables and fruit frequently during grilling for even cooking.
- For best results, turn fish only once during grilling.
New Hope Network is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.