The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association, announced the addition of seven new companies to its membership roster. Voting Members: Arbonne International LLC, Bergstrom Nutrition, HORN Nutraceuticals, and SmartyPants; Associate Members: Jones Day and MCS Associates Inc.; International Member: The Boots Company PLC.
“We are very pleased to welcome seven new companies to the CRN family,” said Steve Mister, CRN president and CEO. “It is rewarding to see that companies are continuing to recognize the benefits of CRN membership and we look forward to working with our new members to continue to strengthen a responsible industry.”
The new member companies include four Voting Members, two Associate Members and one International Member. They are listed below:
- Arbonne International LLC crafts premium personal skincare, beauty and wellness products for both inner and outer health using botanical ingredients and innovative scientific discovery. Established in Switzerland in 1975, Arbonne came to the U.S. in 1980 and its products are now shared online arbonne.com and in four countries via Arbonne's network of independent consultants.
- Bergstrom Nutrition is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). The company is known for OptiMSM®, its GRAS-designated MSM. Bergstrom Nutrition uses a proprietary four-stage distillation process, ensuring optimal purity, quality and consistency. OptiMSM is made exclusively in the U.S., and is manufactured in a dedicated cGMP-compliant, ISO-registered facility to help provide essential traceability.
- HORN Nutraceuticals. For more than 50 years, Horn has been a premier distributor of specialty ingredients for use in a variety of industries including nutraceuticals. HORN Nutraceuticals serves the industry with a complete range of science-based innovations and best-in-class ingredients to meet any formulation need.
- SmartyPants combines well-researched and vital nutrients into a convenient, one serving gummy vitamin. Based in Venice, Calif., SmartyPants focuses on high quality, bio available and organic ingredients for its all-in-one gummy vitamins most famous for their taste.
- Jones Day is a global law firm with 40 offices in major centers of business and finance throughout the world. Its unique governance system fosters an unparalleled level of integration and contributes to its perennial ranking as among the best in the world in client service. Jones Day provides significant legal representation for almost half of the Fortune 500, Fortune Global 500, and FT Global 500.
- MCS Associates Inc. provides expert advice to help register products with appropriate government departments in Health Canada and offers Quality Control programs to help manage manufacturing, packaging, labeling, importation and distribution activities. With 25 years of regulatory experience, MCS can provide a competitive advantage in both the Canadian and U.S. marketplaces.
- The Boots Company PLC is a member of Alliance Boots, a leading international, pharmacy-led health and beauty group delivering a range of products and services to customers. Serving more than 170,000 pharmacies, doctors, hospitals and health centers from more than 370 distribution centers in 20 countries, Alliance Boots delivers products and services that help people look and feel their best.